Exhilarated by work that has proven to have a positive effect on youth? Interested in working with adult volunteers? Want to make a real difference in the Kittitas County community? If so, this new Program Systems Manager position may be just what you are looking for!
The new Program Systems Manager will spend 100% of their time serving the nonprofit board of directors and reporting directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include training volunteers, providing direct service to the mentor program participants to include recruitment of mentors and outreach to youth and families; mentor screening, mentor and mentee training, matching, monitoring and supporting matches, and match closure. Grant-funded, this is a full-time position, currently funded through June 30, 2019. Pay is $20/hour, 40 hours each week. Successful performance will certainly have a positive effect on our ability to be funded for a second year, 2019-2020.
Youth Services is looking for someone committed to the success of Youth Services Mentoring Program in Kittitas County and requests a job-related bachelor’s degree or formal training in a field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience, including supervisory experience and coordination of programs. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem solving skills. Ability to lead, coach and supervise staff. Experience working with accountants, staff, community partners and assist with coordination of frequent events for mentor/mentee trainings and other related events.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working well with a variety and diversity of people, especially the whole range of adults and youth. We want someone who has a high emotional IQ, meaning a positive attitude and the ability to read the emotions of people around them. While education in social services, psychology and/or health education or experience in a mentoring program would be positive, it’s not as important as having a relentless belief in our program and the value of mentoring. Knowledge of Kittitas County and connections with the fabric of our community especially valued.
- Recruit adult volunteers from Kittitas County to be mentors for local youth;
- Interact with adult volunteers and referred young people, working with the Executive Director to make the most effective matches possible;
- Manage a caseload of 50 plus youth/adult matches, including:
- Make weekly contact with mentor/mentee pair;
- Develop and implement communication plan for mentors and youth;
- Suggest community activities to mentors;
- Plan and implement one mentor/mentee activity per month;
- Cultivate new sponsors for community activities including free and/or discount passes for mentor/mentee pairs;
- Collaborate with other program staff (professional and volunteer) to ensure best effort on the behalf of each young person and mentor.
- Assist in training and support adult volunteers to be mentors:
- Plan and execute three training workshops per year;
- Attend two volunteer support groups per year;
- Participate in mentor training sessions.
- Assist and support Executive Director in Youth Services management:
- Conduct on-going communication about Youth Services to agencies who refer youth for mentoring;
- Support and collaborate on special projects;
- Represent Youth Services on assigned community committees and councils;
- Support content and creation of monthly Youth Services newsletter.
A complete application includes a cover letter explaining how your experience prepares you to perform the duties of the position and why you are committed to mentoring youth, a resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it by the Youth Services Office, 213 W. 3rd Avenue in Ellensburg. Review of applications will begin on December 3, 2018. To explore details about the position or ask questions, contact Executive Director, Crystal Church, email@example.com, 509-962-2737.